Visitor Monitoring
We use cookies to help us improve website user experience.
By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. See our cookie policy

Core Cover and Options

Enter a question in the search box, browse questions by topic or read the most popular questions below.

What am I covered for with my Buildings Insurance Policy?

Our Buildings insurance gives the following as standard:
Standard events:
Fire, lightning, explosions, earthquakes and smoke
Storms or floods
Water leaking or escaping from, or freezing in:
fish tanks
water tanks
washing machines
dishwashers or
radiators and other heating installations
Oil leaks
Theft or attempted theft
Malicious damage
Solar panels or wind turbines breaking or falling down
Subsidence, heave or landslips of the ground beneath your home
Your home being hit by:
Vehicles and anything that gets dropped from them
Falling trees or branches
Riots, civil commotion or strikes
Aircraft and anything that gets dropped from them

Then, you'll also get this included as standard too:
Temporary accommodation and loss of rent
Liability insurance -for owner and against the Defective Premises Act
Replacement locks and keys
Damage caused by finding the source of oil and water leaks (trace and access)
Damage caused by the emergency services
Blockage of pipes
Accidental damage - for glass and sanitary fittings.

If you'd like more information about what you're insured for with your Buildings insurance, have a look at your online account, MyDocs.

Was this answer helpful?

Please select Yes, Partly or No